13 October 2006

an untenable position

so I am in an untenable position. I am angry about it, and I guess that makes me an asshole.

my wife is leaving me, but she loves me, but she doesn't love me enough to stay. I am broken, that isn't a secret, but she doesn't love me enough to help me get better. ergo, I don't think that she can love me. if she did she would stay, she would help me get better, or she would simply allow me the time to get better.

I don't think she has the ability to admit to herself that maybe she never loved me, but that what she thought was love was not. That just maybe she doesn't really know what love is.

I know that staying together is never the easiest choice, but not making that choice is indicative of a larger problem. I know it was never the easiest for my parents, or for hers. Yet they did it.

1 comment:

Matthew Albright said...

Dude...sorry to hear about this. Things always happen for a reason, it doesn't make them suck any less when they are happening, but there is always a reason.

You can get through this.