09 June 2012

Spoiler Free Prometheus Review


I don’t know what I was expecting with Prometheus, but I definitely wanted to see it. John made a funny comment walking out of the theatre, he said he was glad he and I had the sex talk a few years back. If we had had that talk just before we walked in to the theatre he assured me he would be scarred for life. No, there aren’t any sex scenes in the film per se, but if you see the film you might laugh too.

Though not all of the ideas are 100% effective the film does a nice job of expanding on some of the ideas presented in the other films, as well as explaining some backstory. I am sure you must have seen Peter Weyland’s TED talk or the David 8 advertisement. I am generally pleased with the film, especially the acting. The performances by Noomi Rapace and Idris Elba are especially apt.

The ending was a bit of a left turn as well. All in all I think this is a solid film. Go see it, John and I both give it thumbs up.

No comments: