11 December 2011

Who is he?


Hello there, my name is Ross Winn, and if you are reading this I might know you. If I bore you, anger you, or frighten you please feel free to ignore or block me. Just don't ask me to change.

I am a 45 year-old unemployed guy. I have three ex-wives, two children, and one grandson. I've done a lot of different jobs in several industries. Basically they all boil down to two things. I am a can-do person with a customer-centered attitude. There are many opportunities and I need to find a new one.

I am proud to say that this year I have written a first novel. I think it will be called 'Never Quit', but I am still working on it. The first draft is done, I have an editor, and the process is ongoing. I hope to shop the book for publication this spring. With any luck by June.

I am a techno-fetishist and love gadgets that do things well. I have been an Apple purist for decades, but am currently enjoying an extended tryst with Android devices. Most especially my Sprint EVO 4G. I consider myself a digital and connected individual, but I still love Sharpie(tm) markers and index cards.

I am politically progressive, LGBT-friendly, and kink-aware. I also do not believe in hiding on the internet. If you do a Google search for my name you will see what I mean. 

I am a misanthrope but I do not tolerate hate speach. Not even against stupid people.

I played, wrote, and developed RPGs since my eleventh birthday. I have been unable to participate in any in years. I believe the hobby that defined much of my life is dying and it saddens me.

I was a concerned and committed Christian for most of my life and a member of the Episcopal Church. I have explored Judaism, Atheism, Agnosticism, and other belief systems. However the one that most defines me currently is Buddhism. I am no better a Buddhist than I was a Christian. I still drink, I eat meat, and I engage is socially dangerous behavior.

Some people love me, and some despise me, and I can live with both. I hope you stay a while. I hope you engage in a conversation. I hope that you understand that we are friends because our lives are different, not because our lives are the same.

Peace to you in your journey,

Ross Winn

No comments: