05 March 2013

I am not unreasonable...

(This is for all the people in my life who don't listen. So if you are reading this, it probably isn't you.)

I decided this morning, or probably somewhere last night in my sleep that I am not unreasonable. I’ve just reached a breaking point.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to complain when you put yourself first and always put me last.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to be polite, respectful, and concerned but you can’t be bothered to check in once a month.

I don’t think it is unreasonable when I offer help, advice, and support, but you insist on the same mistakes every day.

I don’t think it is unreasonable when you want to flirt and kiss me to feel desired but would rather fuck a stranger.

I’m not being unreasonable if you pick a fight in a public forum and I call you on your shit.

I’m not being unreasonable when you move your business into our home and don’t even ask my permission but tell me after the fact.

I’m not being unreasonable when you make yourself miserable and I tell you.

I’m not being unreasonable when you only call if everyone else in your life is busy.

I’m not being unreasonable when you never pick up the check.

I’m not being unreasonable when I’ve defended you for years and you throw me under every bus.


I'm not being unreasonable when you change your plans and don't tell me.


I’m not being unreasonable, but you are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm reminded of the saying, Never make someone a priority, when they just make you an option.