13 March 2013

Salt in the wound...

I don’t know what is worse. Loving someone who isn’t smart, or loving someone who refuses to be smart. See I have a friend who is funny, smart, pretty. Most people call her beautiful. Even if that doesn’t have anything to do with the issue I think it’s important to know that she’s not just someone who isn’t important or someone who doesn’t have anything going for her. She has literally everything you could ever want in a friend, in a daughter, in a person. She’s amazing, and I can’t help her. I can’t even have her in my life any more. It hurts, because she refuses to care for herself. She refuses to learn. My only conclusion at this point is that either she is stupid, which I refuse to believe, or she just doesn’t care about herself. Since she isn’t stupid she must not love herself at all. That leaves only me and that isn’t enough.

I refuse to be around people who self-harm. I refuse to be around people who hurt themselves. I refuse to do this because it hurts me.

In case you are wondering, this person is not someone I am dating. She’s just someone I love as a person. A loving, naive, and dangerous person. One of the few people I have allowed to hurt me because I realized that she never did it on purpose. I accepted that she was ignorant, and naive. I tried to teach her how to be a friend. I tried to teach her how to be a person. It was apparent that no one had ever done that before.

If she was stupid I wouldn’t have wasted my time but she’s wicked smart. After watching her refuse to learn yet again I have reached my limit. Allowing her to harm herself will continue to hurt me. I can’t do this any more.

No comments: